Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We're Expecting!

First off, I just want to say how unbelievably happy I am to be carrying this little nugget. And to find out we're expecting exactly a week after Austin's 20th birthday. I like to think this is God's gift to our family in his birthday month! I know he's smiling right now in heaven, and he would have been the best uncle! I'm sad I didn't get to tell him he was going to be one. We miss him so much, but we will celebrate this gift of new life! What a blessing this baby is to us. Thank you, Lord!
 I'm blogging my pregnancy journey if you'd like to follow along. If not, I understand! ha

Monday, September 9th - {5 weeks-ish} After feeling SO tired all weekend, I decided to take an at-home test. I took two, both positive! So I called the doctor's office, left a message, and nurse Patti called me right back. She asked if I could come in TODAY, like ASAP for blood work (because of my past history). I went on my lunch break. I've pretty much overcome my fear of needles by now since I was broken in big time in March. The worst part about it is having to wait a whole day for the results to come back! Right now, he/she is the size of an appleseed! How cool is that?

Tuesday, September 10th - Getting impatient, I called and left a message for Patti at 10:30am. She called back and said my hCG levels are good and in the 5,000's, but my progesterone level is at a 12.3 and she wants it to be at a 15. Dr. B had not looked at these results yet, but she wanted to schedule me to come in the following Monday for another blood test to check my levels and make sure they are increasing.
- That night, we told our parents! Surprised them with the cutest lil' hog and lil' tiger onesies made by my sweet friend Katie. She has a really cute store on etsy! Check it out

Thursday, September 12th - Nurse Patti called me and said Dr. B wants to see me a week from today for my first ultrasound just to make sure nothing is in the tube and everything looks good. I like the special attention I get so early on. :) We decided to wait to tell the rest of the family until after I see Dr. B and the ultrasound is good. I made a chicken dinner for Matt and dad that night.. see next story.

Friday, September 13th - {6 weeks} Baby will be the size of a small pea this week! Matt made me maple & brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast. I usually like that, but the smell was literally repulsive. We came home for lunch, Matt warmed up leftover chicken from the night before, and that smell was disgusting as well! I locked myself in my bedroom and took a nap (all I ever want to do now) until my rumbling stomach woke me up. Discovered Sprite helps with nausea. Food I used to love just doesn't sound appetizing at all.
- A lady that used to work with us came to the office, and she told Matt and I both that she just had a dream that I was pregnant! I couldn't help but laugh! She had NO CLUE I really was, and I didn't tell her...yet. :)

Sunday, September 15th - We went to church, and my uterus was stripping lining from the inside out upset, so I had to sit down during the music since I had been standing for some time. Of course, my nana saw me sit and she asked me after church,
Her: Are you feeling okay? I saw you sitting during that song.
Me: Yeah, I'm just kinda crampy.
Her: Oh, I thought you were going to tell me that you were pregnant and didn't feel good!
Me: Sorry, nope!
* I didn't technically lie... I just told her that's not what I was going to tell her. Right?
- I may or may not have changed into a t-shirt and underwear for the remainder of the day while attempting to do laundry and nap in between.
- My fabulous husband went to the store for me. He saw my look of desperation!

Monday, September 16th - Nothing sounds good to eat. Feeling sick and the only thing I can really stomach is crackers before my next blood work appointment. The nurse looks at my arm and says "Wow, you must have been stuck a lot because you have scar tissue in this arm." Hah, of course. I should have switched arms but I'm a righty all the way. Now it's bruised! Smmmhhhhh. Left arm next time. I went to Chick fil A for a salad afterwards, and the cheese is nasty on it. Anyone who knows me knows my love for cheese! How will I do without?! Only for you, baby! Waiting to hear the results tomorrow..

Tuesday, September 17th - Forget the nausea! My hCG levels went up to 6900 this week, which is high enough to do the ultrasound Thursday! BUT my progesterone levels still aren't where they need to be. They went up to 13.3 this week, but needs to be at a 15, so they are starting me on progesterone tonight. Nurse Patti is so sweet! She gave me a $50 off coupon for it and a week's supply of samples for free. This will cost between $200-300! Yikes. The good news is that I will reach my insurance deductible this year, and I'm not far from it! Woohoo. She also called in some medicine for nausea.. PTL! Is it possible to feel sick just by looking at food posted on Pinterest? I swear this happens to me! lol. I wish Thursday would hurry up so we can tell the rest of the family! Eek! Maybe I'll actually cry for a GOOD reason at this ultrasound!

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.



No comments:

Post a Comment