Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bumpdate: {30 Weeks}



YAY for 30 weeks! I can't believe we're in the home stretch now!
Baby's Growth:
Yes, I'm melting.. I can't wait to hold her! 
Cravings: I just want ice cream! I'm surprised I'm not bigger than I am. It's a miracle. 
How I'm Feeling: Tired, some lower back pain, a little uncomfortable, but not too bad. Trying not to complain because I know it will get worse these last few weeks!
Movement: She moves whole body parts across my belly. It's really freaky at times, and if she gets too close to my sides or ribs, it hurts! 
Favorite moment this week: Celebrating Dad's 60th birthday with Joyce & Wiley! We had dinner and cake.. I think he was surprised! Love this man!
Since it has finally warmed up outside, Matt and I have been walking the dogs! This is post walk in the only athletic shirt that still fits me. :) 
Now this, my friends, is a basketball!! WOAH.. Hi, Ella! Mommy can't see her feet anymore.. :)
My belly button is SO stretched it could pop out any day now! No stretch marks yet! Yay!
Sleeping: Not so great! I get up it seems like every hour to pee. I can no longer sleep on my back. It cuts off my air supply! So I toss and turn from side to side. I think she's breaking me in for those sleepless nights I'm about to have with her!
Clothes: I bought one new maternity top I wore in my 30 week picture, and a cute dress to wear to my shower Saturday! But I'm pretty limited on fitting into my regular spring clothes now that it's getting warmer. I look in my closet and think "too small." I might have to up my wardrobe for the last few weeks!
Most looking forward to: My cousin Alex taking my maternity pictures and for my first shower on Saturday! It's going to be a long, eventful day. I can't wait to see all my friends! So many are coming from out of town and I feel special!
Thankful for: My health and my doctor. A year ago today, Dr. Bell called me in to do an ultrasound and discovered a 7 cm mass that was blocking my egg from traveling to the uterus, just three months after losing my brother. The next day, I had emergency surgery to remove the mass and a D&C. I lost my first baby. It's been an emotional week for me reliving that nightmare. I told my mom last night I don't even remember hers and dad's birthdays that week. But after recovering and five short months later, God gave me Ella! I feel so much more equipped to be a mom now. I've been poked and prodded with a million needles the past year, so my fear of them is not that bad. After the physical pain and recovering from surgery, I am more confident that I can handle child birth. This verse speaks true to my life!
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment