Our baby reveal.. Thank you Kelsey for helping me pull this off!
November 1st - Today was our long awaited first appointment! We were in the waiting room, and I saw my nurse come out. She called two girls up individually and told them that Dr. Bell had to deliver a baby and he had a two hour C-section after that, so they needed to reschedule for next week. My heart sank. I just knew she was about to tell me next, but she didn't! We met with the financial lady, paid some money, and she told me that I was still going to be seen this morning. I was SO happy.. after all, I had already planned this whole day and my Facebook announcement after the appointment. I've also been having anxiety about hearing the heartbeat since we haven't gotten to yet!
Nurse Patti came and got me and I thanked her a million times. She said she could handle what we're doing today and didn't want to make me wait, given my history. Love her! She tested urine and it came back great. HA She took my blood pressure, asked us a ton of questions about our family medical history, and then checked the heartbeat! It was the most exciting experience in all my life! It took her a minute to find it, but when she did, it was strong a strong 160! We even got to hear a few kicks! It's crazy to think that baby is kicking like crazy and I can't even feel it yet! Matt took a few videos on my phone. Sometimes I feel a few flutters, but I'm not sure if it's the baby.
She said according to my last cycle date, I should be 13 weeks, which is a little further along than my first ultrasound showed.
My next appointment is on December 2nd and we will have a gender ultrasound! I'll meet with Dr. Bell and get some lab work done. That is also John's birthday. I told him I hope he doesn't mind having a gender reveal party on his birthday and I promised him we would still have cake! He agreed to find out what his grandchild is and share the day!
Baby's growth:
Cravings: Karen's deviled eggs.. she made me some yesterday for Halloween when she found out I wanted some! Thank you! They were SO much better than the $1.99 pack from Harps. :)
How I'm feeling: Much better! I haven't taken Zofran for nausea in 4 days! I think I'm finally turning a corner! Yay.
Favorite moment this week: Hearing that heartbeat!!
Sleeping: Pretty good still.
Clothes: Normal clothes with the belly band. Now I don't have to try to hide my bump so much now that everyone knows! :)
Most looking forward to: Finding out BOY or GIRL!
Thankful for: Our wonderful friends and family and for all the prayers and support!
When I wait You strengthen my heart. -Psalm 27:14




Brittany - my heart overflows with joy when I read your posts! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait for more updates during this amazing journey.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Caitlin! You're so sweet. I enjoy reading your blog too!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys!! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog. Your reveal was so creative and adorable! Loved it! Praying for you and your little peanut. =)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Abbey!! :) We appreciate the prayers!
ReplyDelete