Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bumpdate: {38 Weeks}

Close up.. I could pop any day now!

Never have I ever thought I'd be the size of a pumpkin! Wow.. :)
Dr. Appt Update: Well, I wish I had one! I showed up Monday for my weekly appointment and Dr. Bell was delivering his 6th baby of the day, so after waiting an hour and a half, I didn't get to see him! The appointment clerk tried to schedule me for Friday, and I told her I only have TEN days left til my due date and that just won't work. She called the nurse to ask what to do and got me in for this Thursday. So I don't get checked at all in my 38th week! 
Cravings: Lots of water, hot dogs, ice cream, veggies.
How I'm feeling: Like a whale! I still have ankles (yay) but my fingers and toes are swollen! I'm strictly fitting into flip flops and not wearing a ring anymore. My belly button is comical. It's flat as a pancake! My belly itches. I'm getting stronger BH contractions during the night that cause headaches and lower back pain. Ella has definitely dropped this week! 
Sleeping: Not much. I'm always tired! The contractions and going to the bathroom every hour or less make it hard to get in a deep sleep. It's hard to get comfortable period at this stage! 
Clothes: My same dresses and maxi skirts. I did break down and buy some maternity shorts this week since it's getting hot and Matt was embarrassed to be seen with me in the pair I was wearing.. So what if it was a swimsuit cover up? It was comfy! 
Favorite moment this week: hmm.. Well.. At this stage, it has to be that each day is passing and getting me one step closer to meeting Ella. The last few weeks are rough! I've enjoyed some time with Matt in our few days left and we had fun celebrating his 27th birthday doing yard work and eating with family! 
Most looking forward to: Seeing Dr. Bell Thursday to check my progress! I want to have this baby!!
Thankful for: No complications so far, and for my healthy baby girl! 



No comments:

Post a Comment