When your Daddy and I saw you for the first time, you were this tiny at 6 weeks gestation. We got to see your little heartbeat. It was a miracle!
Then just 10 weeks later, you grew so much! These pictures were taken at 16 weeks, 5 days. At first, Heather the ultrasound tech said you were in a breech position. She was poking at you with the wand trying to wake you up, but you were stubborn! I even drank a Dr. Pepper before hand trying to amp you up!
These are the first few pictures she got. Heather said she might have an idea of what you are, and asked if we wanted to know yet. Of course we said yes! She said she thought you were a girl, but she wanted me to eat something to wake you up and then come see her again after our appointment with Dr. Bell. Mommy was a little worried we wouldn't find out, but Heather was so sweet and assured me we would know for sure before we left that day!
20 minutes later, we tried again! Heather made me lay on my left side and she jabbed me on my right side trying to get you to wiggle. You turned every way except for showing us your legs or parts! She even had to tap on my belly like a drum to get you hyper! Then we saw this..
Three lines! The first picture is easier to tell. Your Daddy was SO excited. He told me that he secretly wanted a girl for a while now! I was happy either way, and I was so happy that God knew you were exactly what we needed! She gave us a few more pictures of your profile. You have the cutest little button nose! I could stare at you all day. We might be biased, but we already think you're so beautiful!
After seeing you, I was on such an emotional high that I didn't even care I had to give four vials of blood afterwards! I must really love you. Then Dr. Bell checked your heartbeat, and it's at a healthy 148!
Mommy and Daddy had to wait ALL DAY to tell the family what you are! I called the bakery right after the appointment to tell them to put the PINK M&M's in our baby reveal cake! Your Gigi called me and tried to get me to tell her early, but I didn't budge! Puff told your Daddy he thought you were a boy. Your Dandy kept texting me saying he knew you were a boy!
On my way home from picking up the cake, I saw the most beautiful pink and blue cotton candy sky. I felt like your Uncle Austin was there with me, and he's so happy that you're bringing joy to the family.
Without even knowing that I took this, Mommy's friend Tory texted me a beautiful picture of the same sunset while on a run in Little Rock. What a gift!
At 6:30, everyone gathered at your grandparents' house to find out the news!
Family who thought you were a BOY: 

Family who thought you were a GIRL:

Mommy & Daddy with your sweet cake! "It's a..."
The moment when everyone found out you're a GIRL!

Lots of screaming went on.. it was a glorious event! You even got your first presents and stole the show on your Papa Puff's birthday! 

Your Dandy can't wait to spoil you like he spoiled me!

Your Gigi brought me the gown I came home from the hospital in! You will get to wear it too!

Your Shib grandparents bought you baby lotion and wipes!

Your great aunts bought you a gorgeous pink chiffon onesie with matching blanket!

Needless to say, you are going to be spoiled by your entire family when you enter this world. We will never have to beg for a babysitter, that's for sure! On our way home from the party, your Daddy told me that he wished you were born right now so he could skip work and cuddle with you on his chest all day! You already have him wrapped around your little finger! It's only been two days, but we say your name at least 20 times a day. Ella is just so feminine and sweet. We think it's perfect for you, and we're still working on your middle name! I also have several ideas for your pink nursery! You are going to be ALL girl! I can't wait to dress you up with matching bows for each outfit, take you to church, enroll you in dance lessons, and many more. We're going to be best friends! I'm so glad you're mine. We get to see you again on December 30th at our 20 week appointment! Heather will spend an hour measuring you and checking you out. I can't wait to see you again, my precious daughter!
Love,
Mommy











No comments:
Post a Comment